Thursday, September 6, 2012

Birthday Time at the Powell's


I decided that I was decorating the house for Thad's birthday whether we were having showing for the day or not. 

I love when Tucker came down stairs and looked in the kitchen, "Just what I thought." when he saw the streamers.

After the whole deal with my foot, I still wanted to go with what Thad had picked to do for his day.  He wanted Chicken Alfredo from Costco and go bowling.  We surprised him and invited his friend Ira to come with us for the evening.

Opening his gifts while I kept my foot up.
In the car ride on our way bowling.
I just loved the colors!  I had to take a picture of all the balls the kids picked.  You would never guess which one was Thad's lucky ball.  :0)  The pink one.  I know, shocking.
I couldn't get them all to look at me.  They just wanted to play.
Katy got to help me.  I really needed to do her hair.

Then, since I couldn't bowl, I got carried away with the camera and the color feature.  Loved that they all were in orange.  Norma came down today and said that she had worn orange just because it was Thad's birthday.

Tried to catch the high-five.  Bit blurry.


Katy wasn't in orange so I had to get her color.

It came down to the last frame.  Ira was beating Nate's score by one and so Nate let Katy roll the last frame.  She got a strike. :0)

We went to Arctic Circle for some ice cream cones.

I hope that my boy had a wonderful day.  My mom had brought up the day that he was born and I get so emotional thinking about it.  I love my Thad-man and am so glad that he is mine.

1 comment:

Becky Gockley said...

Looks like a fun birthday! Happy Birthday Thad!