Sunday, April 6, 2014

April Conference

I was just a little excited for this General Conference.  I made sure I didn't have to do any homework and printed off plenty of coloring pages for Katy to do.  It has been a long time since I have been able to just sit and watch the whole thing without something else going on.

It was even better because my parents were here.  Our truck broke down on our way home from town on Wednesday night and they came out to tow it to the dealer in Tooele for us.



Thad made a conference notebook like the one that Norma, Celest, Kathryn, Nana and I did when we went to the Women's Conference the night of Norma's baptism.  He set himself up right here.


Nana cross-stitched and Papa played Candy Crush. :0)


Nate, unfortunately had homework to work on.


Katy had to sit on my lap and needed my attention more than I wanted but still allowed me to listen and take notes.


Just some of my notes. :0)



The branch did a BBQ for the men before the Priesthood session and Tucker was able to go.  My young man.  I crafted during this but it was still super cool to be able to listen to it on the tv.  I will wait til the Ensign comes out to take notes on that one.


I just loved listening to the conference talks and then getting on facebook and seeing all the memes that people made from the same quotes I had written down.  To make it even better, I loved being able to discuss things over with my Mom.  Nate is usually working and it is so great to talk things out when they are still fresh on your mind and I loved talking them over with my mother, feeling the Spirit speak to us and feeling the Lord in my home for two whole days.  It was even great because the kids would talk to us about what stood out for them too.  What a wonderful experience to have and I cannot wait til October. :0)


No comments: