Thursday, August 13, 2009

Grass!!!

This has been Nate's "weekend" project....I can't believe that we have grass in our backyard now. It looks so nice and I really can't wait to see the swing set on there and my kids out playing, not in mud and dust but on nice cool grass! Nate has worked non-stop for two days on getting the sprinklers ready and the ground level. We had heard of a really good deal on sod and just could not pass it up. Thanks Sweetie for working so hard and doing it all yourself!

Soccer started this week too and Tucker is the best one out there! He was the one who could kick the ball where he wanted it to go and just loved his first practice.

We also had Tucker at the ER this morning thinking he might have an appendicitis. Found out it is just a really bad flu bug that caused his abdominal pain. He is on a liquid diet until tomorrow when we take him to a doctor for a follow up.

Thadd has really risen to the rescue with Tucker not feeling well. He has helped me with breakfast for Norma the last few days that Tucker has been sick. The kids are great for me in the mornings. Mornings are not the greatest in my life now and my children really deserve a shout out for being so great at letting me stay in bed and getting themselves ready for the day on their own. I really have the greatest kids and love them so much!!!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your yard looks awesome! You are making me want to come out and visit you again so we can play in your new yard:) Sorry you aren't feeling so hot in the mornings but if it makes you feel better I am actually jealous of your morning sickness, I am that baby hungry:) Can you believe that?

strickland party of six said...

Yeah dude. I wish we had some of that green both grass and $. haha

Anonymous said...

Oh baby it looks so good. Are you pinching yourself to see if it is true. I remember when we got our grass. We all worked on it, even Greg! Congratulation!! Good Job Nate, Do you get to pick from the good job jar? Lol Love you!

Brett - Rachel B said...

you do have cute kids!

The Taylors said...

So, when is the BBQ? We want to come play on your new grass with you! Let us know! :0)

Brian and Tonya said...

The grass looks great!!!! Sorry you've had some sickness in your home, but your kids are so cute and great! :)

Peter and Katie said...

You should have called peter. you know nate has helped us too much. it looks great, we'll have to come see it.