Sunday, February 12, 2012

Science Party

I've gotten a cold so I am just getting to posting all the pictures from Tucker's party.

The day started out with waffles with sprinkles.  Tuck had asked for waffles for breakfast and if you know me, I don't make breakfast in the morning.  They get cereal and I make breakfast for dinner.  But you only turn 10 once.  Plus, Nate made them. :0)
I filled the living room with balloons and everyone loved playing with them.  They are still loving playing with them.  Even the dogs.
Now on to the experiments. :0)

Here is everything for the lava lamps. 

Exploding lunch bag.

Sugar Density.

Glow-in-the-dark Slime.  Now sure how they glowed in the end.  The ones here didn't glow very much.  But that is what the kids said.  I never looked for myself.
They all got some glasses, a notebook and pencil, a magnify glass, some rubber gloves and a crazy scientist name. :0)
I know that I would be to busy to take a lot of pictures so when one of the invited kids mom asked if she could stay and help I jumped at the chance.  She took all these pictures for me.  Thank you so much!
I had made glitter hair gel to give all the kids mad scientist hair.  Only some of them wanted it.



Love that smile on my boy!  It could be because he is by Emma. :0)

 For the exploding lunch bag experiment, I was planning on doing it in the sink.  I would just clean up the mess.  My nephew Eric was very concerned that it would blow up so much and get the light wet and electrocute us all that we went outside.  Didn't want to scare anyone. :0)

It was a bust.  The bags were cool!  Looked like they were going to blow up huge and then.... tiny pop and that was it.  As you can see, the kids were worried about how big the boom would be so no one wanted to get near them.

 Back in side for some slime.



 I had such a good group of kids here!  They all helped and let everyone have turns.  I was so impressed with them all!


 You can see the lava lamps working in these pictures.  I loved the blue and green one.  One of the girls did purple and it was amazing!
 I think Tucker's favorite thing was the presents!  He got so many cool things and has already got into the guns with his brother.  The science kits were the best and he can't wait to try them out.
 Ice cream sandwiches to end the party with and the kids all got to go home with messy faces, glow-in-the-dark slime, (Thank you Heather for helping me get all that goop in the jars!) and their lava lamps.
 Couldn't leave out the Cuteness. :0)
 Happy Birthday Tucker!  You are such a wonderful boy and I can't believe that you are 10!  You are growing up on me and I can see the man that you are growing up to into.  I hope that your day was great and that you can have the best year ever!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a wonderful birthday for Tucker, fun for the children, and a mother who made it all happen!

Becky Gockley said...

Riley had a BLAST! I don't think he stopped talking about if for at least two hours. Looks like you did a ton of stuff! WOW! That's a lot of work! I am sure you are glad it's over! Way to make Tucker's birthday so fun! Happy Birthday Tucker! Thanks so much for inviting Riley!

Amy Conklin said...

What a fun Mom you are! Josh, Zach and Nate had SO MUCH fun at the party! Thanks for having them! Happy birthday Tucker!