Monday, April 29, 2013

Internal Struggle

I had quite the moment this morning while getting ready for my walk.  I was trying to hurry because Katy had slept in and I let her, (She is just like Norma if she is woke up, not a happy camper) so I sent her to go potty while I gathered clothes and shoes.  I was in the middle of putting on shoes when I heard a huge splash.  I knew immediately that Katy had fallen into the toilet.  I looked up, noticed that her potty seat was still on the floor and had the thought, "Do I grab the camera or be the good Mom and just go get her?"  All of this went through my mind in a matter of moments.  I threw my shoe and sock that I hadn't gotten on yet and ran to the bathroom.  Here is my baby with her feet in the air and her elbows hanging on the the edge of the toilet for dear life.  I grabbed her right out and held her close while I laughed into her hair so she wouldn't see me.  "I fell in!", is all she could cry.  Needless to say, she got a bath before our walk.  Now I'm wishing I hadn't been such a good of a Mom and taken a picture. :0)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm glad you rescued her instead of the camera. Besides the imagining it in our minds are just a good! I'm glad Katy has such a good mother!

Becky Gockley said...

That is hilarious! Not too long ago Brooklyn did this as well. She is bigger than Kate so I'm sure it wasn't as bad. Brooklyn just laughed. It was funny!