Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Papa under the tree? What happened to presents?

My dad has waited years for my kids to be old enough to put his train up under the tree and this year he thought they would be able to leave it alone. The dogs got to it more than the kids. This is just one more thing that Nate and my dad can do together. Since its too cold to go fly planes. (Like that stops my dad. :))
I remember my Grandpa and Grandma Montag always having a train under their tree at Christmas. I think the one my dad has now is the same one. Grandma had a little town that went with it. I wonder where it got to?

Yes. The tree is purple! My mom has had this tree as long as I can remember. It has been red and green and for the last few years it has been blue. She went with purple this year and it looks awesome! If you are driving on the freeway in Lehi you'll see it.
The kids really liked the train and I'm so glad that it got put up. I hope my kids can have as good of memories of the train around the tree at Christmas as I do. They will have to learn it is just a look and not touch toy just like I did.

2 comments:

strickland party of six said...

Yes Memeories are great and I love them to! I have many as a child to bad they really dont mean anything to me now as I get older and my family really doesn't care to carry on those momories for my kids I have to make my own for them, and thats what Cody and I will do because that's all kids have when they get okder and there parents are gone is TRADITION!!! So for Cody and I it will always be important for us to do those kind of things. Hope you had a good Christmas

Bonnie said...

I like the purple, it is awesome!