Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I believe I'm "nesting"

I think I have hit my nesting stage of this pregnancy. I have been going nuts thinking of everything I need to get done before this new one comes. Because of this, I have pulled Nate into my craziness. Today he spent the day-1. Moving around our room to make room for the bassinet. Because of this he had to-2. Make a stand for the t.v. because it can no longer just sit on a dresser. In our room. He tried really hard to just convince me to go get a flat screen that we could mount on the wall but for $5 we just got a re-enforcement and everything else was in the house. I have been looking for a crib too because the one that we had for the other kids was the one my parents used for me when I was a baby and it was used for all 3 of my brothers and then all 3 of my kids. It was literally being held together by duct tape when Norma was using it. I ended up finding a great deal on-line for a crib for $100. It came today so-4. Nate put it together. I still have so much to do to get ready. I need to wash all the baby clothes and find somewhere to put them, we need to clean up the room and move Norma back in and most of the toys out, I need to finish the birthday cards for the ward, (I make the birthday cards for the Relief Society to hand out to all the sisters. LOVE this calling!) and not to mention all the other little things I need to do around the house to feel ready to have a baby. The last thing will be making sure the house is super clean the week I'm due because that Saturday Tucker will be getting baptized. I am really hoping that I'll go over with this baby just like all my other babies so that we can focus on Tucker that weekend. I can't believe that this little one will be here in just over 8 weeks. I am getting so excited to hold her and cuddle her and just enjoy her outside of my body. I know I won't be getting anymore sleep than I am now but I will be in much less pain when I do get to sleep. Norma is acting like things are changing. She has become a daddy's girl and a little helper to the extreme this week. And very clingy. The boys keep asking when the baby is coming. I hope the next few weeks fly by but you know that they won't. I'm just happy with everything we got done today. I love my husband for doing all the hard work that he did for me today! He is so amazing and I don't know what I would do without him!

3 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

Wow, you've been busy. I can't wait to see pictures when she comes.

Bonnie said...

You are so awesome! I love the crib and crib set..it is way cute!

Bonnie said...

Correction, you and your husband are awesome!