Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas is put away, Nate is working an overtime shift tonight and the kids are watching a movie, eating popcorn so I thought I would write a few more things from this Christmas that I wanted to remember. My kids thought the the song, "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" was the funniest song ever! Tucker would blush every time it came on. I asked him if he didn't think I would kiss Santa. He said no and that it didn't matter because we didn't have any mistletoe. I said it would be easy to get some. I was telling my Mom about this talk so she bought some mistletoe and hung it at their house on Christmas Eve. Tucker was embarrassed! He wouldn't even walk under it. So Nate and I showed them how it works. You stand under the mistletoe and you get kissed. Norma loved this! The only thing is she insisted on kissing on the lips. HARD! She would just stand there and wait for someone to walk by. Or if she saw them walk under it she would shout, "You're under the mistletoe, you need to be kissed!" It was the funniest thing ever. Everyone wanted a picture of her with her lips puckered.

One other thing that I wanted to remember was how much the dog has enjoyed Christmas too. He was as bad as the kids on Christmas morning. Wouldn't stop sniffing at his stocking til we got out his toys. Then he couldn't decide which one to play with. He was running around here just like the kids. I thought for sure he would tare apart his toys, like he does with any other toy we get him, but it has been 5 days and not one of them is missing its stuffing or any plastic! He loved them. It helps that we bought "big dog" dog toys, he can barely fit his mouth around.

I love this time of year and I am so excited for 2010. It will be a fun filled year. Tucker turning 8 and getting baptized, a new baby and my brother coming home from his mission in August are just a few of the things we get to do this year. Not to mention all the little things in between. I hope everyone can look forward to the new year with much love and health. Remember to not sweat the small stuff and always remember the love that the Savior has for all of us.

2 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

What a cute story. Thanks for sharing. I always hated that song growing up because it upset me so much that mom would be kissing somebody other than daddy. And wow, your dog likes toys. I can't get my dog to pay any attention to toys or play at all. It makes dog ownership so boring.

Bonnie said...

Thanks:)