Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pinewood Derby

It was the Pinewood Derby tonight and it was one crazy night but so much fun! The Wolf Den makes up most of the Cub Scouts so it was so much fun to see all of my boys there and having a good time. They are all such good kids and having all 10 Wolves there just was amazing for me.

Here is most of the boys. They were really good about staying back and not having to get in there. I have to say, how proud I am of Nate for letting Tucker do most of his car. He really just stood back and let him do what he wanted with it and helped when he was asked too. I had one Dad walk in and say, "Here's my car, I..I mean my scouts car."

Brother Haskell really knew how to work the boys up and did an amazing job keeping the excitement up.
Here are all of the cars. We had some really cool ones. I saw the Steelers bus and thought of Larry. :0)
Tucker's is the Wii remote. He had talked with his dad about doing a skateboard of some sort and then I saw that someone had done a Wii controller on Facebook and it was the Wii from then on out. He just loves video games.
Tucker with his car. He did so well. Being a leader I sneaking and found out that Tucker won 5th over all. They weren't giving out awards for more than the top 3. His car came in 2nd whenever it raced which made him 5th over all.
Close up of his remote... I mean car. :0)
Tucker ended up winning one of the main prizes of the Best Car. We had awards for all the boys and for the most part they were all really good sports about the whole thing. I stood behind them for a while and listened to them cheer on each others cars and hoot and haller. It was so much fun!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

LOVE IT! That is so creative:)

Kathryn said...

Wow! It looks so real. Way to go Tucker and Nate.

How about those Wolf 'boys'!

Glade and Diane Powell said...

Way to go Tucker! We love your remote.... we mean car!