Friday, April 29, 2011

12 Dresses and a Wedding

As some of you may know, my little brother John is getting married on May 12th to the most wonderful girl, Celest. We are so happy for them both and I am in charge of making all the nieces dresses for the wedding. There is 7 of them. As of right now, I have 6 of them (minus the zippers) done. I am really hoping that tonight I will get most of the zippers in. To add to these dresses, there are little jackets to go with them. They are almost done thanks to my Mom who sewed most of them. But here is the kicker. There was enough material left over that I am now making 5 more dresses for the open house that is on the 10th. These dresses went together so well that I know that I will have them done in plenty of time. There are a few other things to do to like Winni's backpack I'm making for her birthday on Monday, treats for the wedding luncheon including cream puffs, brownies and lemon bars, plus staying on top of the household chores and chasing Katy all over the house. She LOVES the stairs right now. At least she is learning the down part a little better. Oh and the Race for the Cure is in a week and I've decided that walking it is just as good as trying to run/jog it which is all I would be able to do. To add to all of this, I've gotten a head cold. I'm really thinking I'm getting over that but who knows.

I really feel terrible that the last few posts have been picture free but I promise that there will be a lot coming. We have a busy month for May so make sure you check back to see all the action. :0)

1 comment:

The Taylors said...

You should totally try Airborne. It is AMAZING STUFF!!!! Our neighbor sold us on it and I think that it is a winner in our household!!! Great job at sewing... I think you're out of your mind... But that is why we do what we do for the people that we love right!!! I'd be doing the same thing if I was in your shoes!!! xoxoxo