Friday, April 1, 2011

Quick Camping Trip

It was a last minute decision but after talking about spring break, (when we had wanted to go camping), totally forgetting that Nate still had classes and all the time off he took to go camping would be spent doing homework, we decided to go to Willow Park for the night.
I have to say that it was the best time I have ever had with my kids. I wasn't super excited about going to Willow Park because I don't feel like it is camping if you are not up in the mountains or it took you longer than a hour to get there. But it was so much fun. It was amazing. We just love our little tent trailer and we have so much fun.
The kids loved being right by the playground. They had a blast! It was the last warm day that we had and we just played and played. Tucker was pretty proud of himself for doing the monkey bars. I was nervous letting him do them. I broke my leg when I was 8 on the monkey bars and had to have a plate and 8 screws put in my leg. :0/ Norma and Thadd had fun on the little one and they were all sad that there weren't swings.Kate played in the playpen while we set up camp and the kids played at the park. Her playpen fit perfect where the table goes and she loved being able to see and hear the kids through the window. Nate got some good pictures of her.We played with the frisbee and bat and ball and we went for a walk while we were waiting for our dinner to cook. Which was amazing too. :0)We roasted bunny marshmallows around the fire. The kids couldn't understand why Nate and I just wanted to sit and watch the fire. Or why it would be relaxing for us. We told them how nice it was just to warm our feet by the fire.Norma thought that meant taking off her shoes to warm her feet.When it got to cold we went in and played card games together and ate treats til it was time for bed. I love spending time with my kids and my husband when we are doing things that we enjoy doing and we are enjoying the time we spend together. I love my little family so much and I can't wait to go camping many, many more times this summer!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

How nice to have had such a great 'close' camp trip! I love the pictures of your activities and the family .