Sunday, July 31, 2011

Funny Norma Moment

We had some friends over last night and I was so excited that all our kids are about the same age and played together so well!  It was after dinner, before the adults got to play a few games, (Ticket to Ride.  I totally lost.) and I am just listening to Norma yelling upstairs.  Her yelling is nothing new and I've learned to tone her out.  Well she is really up there, "Hello!  Anybody!  HELLO!"  So I yell up to her to quit yelling, thinking that she is yelling out her closed window at the boys playing outside.  About 10 minutes later she is still yelling.  It's been a while by now and in a break in my conversation with my friend Katie we here, "I NEED TOILET PAPER!"  She had been up in the bathroom, sitting on the toilet yelling for someone to bring her toilet paper.  I felt so bad.  But I was laughing so hard.  Poor thing could hardly walk down the stairs she had been sitting there so long.  Another parenting fail.  :0)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for sharing this story! It brought on a good laugh. And yes, I feel bad for Norma too.