Saturday, July 9, 2011

Honeymoon; Train ride

Nate and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary on July 2nd.  We wanted to do something big and so we have been planning on this trip since November.  We bought the train tickets, reserved the room and have waited for this week to come.

We got to the train station in Provo about 3:30 in the morning on Tuesday.  Our train was suppose to be there at 4:00.  We called to see if it was on time and it was over an hour late.  It finally came about 5:30 and we were off.  Nate would compare our ride to "Polar Express" seeing as that is the only train ride he knew. "Tom Hanks is very punctual" he'd say.  That is not what we had.

We got into Glenwood Springs around 2:30.  Isn't this picture beautiful of the train station, train and Colorado river.  And can I say, "Holy Amish!!!"  They were everywhere!  I started thinking we had walked into a different world.  Come to find out, they were all on vacation too.  Go figure.

This pool behind us is 3 football fields long and is a natural hot spring.  It looks so cool but we never went.  I wish that we had.

The bus system is free and we rode it to the local Wal-Mart and found these hats.  The picture is blurry because we are on the bus.  I called them our matchy-matchy hats.  Then I got carried away with the matchy-matchy we had.  :0)

Here is our hotel room.  We were suppose to have had the honeymoon suite.  We found out that an Amish couple had it next to us.  What!!!  It was still nice and just perfect for the two of us.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I so happy for the two of you. I can't wait to hear about the rest of it. Love you!

Bonnie said...

Fun! I love the hats:)