Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Twins on the Freeway

Sunday morning, I got a text from my husband, " Just helped deliver twins on I-80".  Shocked I asked him if he was for real and I got this picture in response.

Not only did he help deliver the second baby, he truly feels that if it hadn't been for him and the oxygen tank that he only carries out here in Wendover, that the first baby would not have made it at all.  He got on scene and the baby was purple.  He suctioned the baby's nose and mouth out and put the oxygen up to the baby's face.  Then was able to hand baby over to the Sheriff that was also on scene and help the other trooper deliver the second baby, feet first mind you.  He said it wasn't like anything you would expect and was so grateful to be there and be able to help save a life.

Nate ended up having to go into Salt Lake and doing an interview with the parents and other officers.  KSL is the only channel that has the most accurate article.  You can see it here and watch the video.  The article is more of what happened.  They really talked to Nate quite a bit because he was the first officer on scene but he doesn't do the tv thing to well and the other trooper has more "personality" for the camera. 

I know that we are suppose to be in Wendover for a reason.  Nate being there with his oxygen tank for so many other crashes too.  He has used that tank 4 times since being out here but only once while in Utah county.  My husband is so amazing.  I love him and all that he does and stands for.  What an wonderful person I have married.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a blessing and an awesome experience for him and to share it with you. So neat to hear of everyday miracles.

Becky Gockley said...

WOW! What an experience. One to remember I'm sure! That is really neat he was able to help. Those parents will forever be grateful for Nathan!

Kathryn said...

Great to hear the story from you and Nate. He's amazing!!!

Kathryn said...

The written report on KSL is more complete than the video clips most news agencies are using. Though I understand why they include the clips from the main people involved rather than having one person tell the story.