Monday, March 3, 2014

JAM

We have been on our last jar of jam for that last few weeks, trying our hardest to make it last so we wouldn't have to eat the store bought kind.  Bountiful baskets had flats of strawberries on sell and I jumped on the chance.  I had just found all the jars I had packed away in the storage shed and even had boxes of pectin stored up with them too so all we needed was the berries.


3 hours, 2 flats of strawberries, 12 boxes of pectin and 60 cups of sugar later, we have 48 jars of jam and I am very glad to be done.  I have never had help doing all of this before and my parents and sister were here and my mom cut strawberries and Winni washed the pan and stuff in between each batch for me.  This would not have happened in the 3 hours if they had not been here and I'm so thankful.  This would have taken me 2 days to do it all.

1 comment:

Dana The Cake Lady said...

Winni and you make a Good Team!