Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July 5K

We love that everyone wants to come and spend the 4th of July with us here in Wendover.   We have everyone join us last year as well and we had signed up to do the 5k then too.  We didn't realize that it started at 6am until midnight the night before so we skipped it last year.  This year we were prepared.

We showed up just a bit late and I feel bad because they had waited for us to start.  We had no intentions of running.  Only walking.  We were at the back of the pack.
 



But that is okay.  When we could see the finish line we made Katy get out and walk across on her own.  She was not happy about that but Celest grabbed her hand and helped her along.  Kathryn and I were the last ones to cross the finish line.

The kids got a ribbon for being the youngest ones to finish the race.  There was one other kid that did it as well. 

 

  Kathryn got a ribbon for being the last one to cross the finish line.


 I also have some amazing friends in this branch that ran it as well.  We needed to have a picture with us too.  Although we are missing Jill. ;0)



It wasn't easy and I have never walked a 5k before for a race, just on my own.  When we do the race for the cure we always walk the mile.  I'm glad we were able to do it as a family and I can't wait to do it next year.   

No comments: