Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Hurt Puppy

 We were finally able to go on a family walk last night.  It has rained so much here that our trail has been nothing but mud.  Taking a much needed walk was not just for us but for the dogs as well.  They have been cooped up for the last month just like us and really needed the run.

When I went to bed I noticed Eva limping.  Nothing new, she tends to hurt her pads of her paws after it has been awhile since she has run a lot.  So when she got up the next morning and refused to get out of bed I knew she must have hurt herself pretty bad.

I had gone on a walk with the neighbor and was almost home when Nate texted me and told me we were going to have to take Eva into the vet.  The big pad on her front left paw was almost completely torn off. 

So Eva got a Mommy and Daddy date into Tooele and got to see the vet.  He told us to keep it wrapped for a few days and to make sure she took a heavy antibiotic and some pain meds.  She cost just as much if not more as when we took Thad in for his burst ear drum last week.





No comments: