Saturday, November 7, 2009

Christmas Tree Permits

One of my favorite memories of the holidays from when I was a child was going to cut our own Christmas tree. We would try to go on Thanksgiving day. Bundling up, driving for who knows how long, un-bundling to find a bathroom and then walking up to the perfect tree. But to get to this point you have to go stand in the cold for hours, in a line over a hundred people long to get a little green tag that you put on that perfect tree once you find it.

My dad and I did just that this morning. I got to counting and it has been three years since we have gone to cut our own trees. I was pregnant with Norma. It must be my emotions that make me insist on cutting our own tree. But my reasoning this year is we have a vaulted ceiling and we really should make the most of it with a tree this year.

Now that I have this little green tag I want to break out the Christmas lights, the Christmas music and the egg nog in the holly shot glasses. Christmas is coming and I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

strickland party of six said...

You are telling me my friend i am on the same page as you bring on the holidays. so excited!