Monday, November 30, 2009

O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree

Saturday was Tree hunting day! Nate had to work til 4 in the morning so we didn't get going til around 11. We got to my parents and were ready to go when I remembered I had left the tree tag at home! I felt so dumb. I had taken ours home and made a big deal about it with my dad saying I didn't want it lost or forgotten and then I forgot! Goodness. So... around 1 is when we got to the mouth of the canyon.The kids ready for some snow!

We have gone to the same place for the last few years. This year there was a lot less snow but there was still some so we weren't to disappointed. We did stop fairly soon and before we knew it we had found the trees. Mom and Dad's had a birds nest in it. I'm not sure how my dad knows which ones will have them, but he has cut down one with a nest in it almost every year. It is suppose to mean good luck in the coming year if you get a tree with a nest in it.
The kids had a blast finally being able to play in some snow. Norma has been talking about a snow fight for months. But she enjoyed eating it much more no matter how much her mother told her not too. Thadd forgot his gloves and hat but that didn't stop him for long. Tucker had a blast "trying" not to hit everyone with snow. His laugh is so wonderful! Wall-E had so much fun running around and you have to admit, he is darn cute in his coat!

I was so excited to cut down a big tree this year. With our vaulted ceiling I wanted to be able to put up a tall one. This one I was worried it was to small around, I like FULL trees. When we got it home we ended up cutting 3 more feet off it and with a little tender love and care it turned out great!We love decorating the tree every year. It is such a fun tradition for us as a family. We always put in the Silent Night DVD of the choir and as we hang all the ornaments we get to listen and look for Grandma Powell.They were coming back for more to hang on the tree so fast that most of the pictures turned out blurry.
I love this time of year. We have so much to be grateful for and so much love is shared and spread over all the earth. I love my family and I'm so glad we can be together and enjoy each other as much as we do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice baby. We DID have a good time:) Thank you for sharing with all of us. Big Kiss for all. MWA Mom/Nana

Bonnie said...

I love it! That looks like an awesome tree:)

Lisa said...

Great tree! We had this tradition when we were in NY. There is nothing like a REAL tree!