Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day

We have had such a wonderful Christmas! I just had to share some of the highlights from yesterday since we were much to busy to stop and take pictures. Christmas Eve was great! We always go over to my parents for dinner with family and friends. This year we had quite the full house. Cindy, Angela and Larry came. Terry, Kelly, Kaleb and James were there along with Melissa and Rick. Add in all my crazy kids and it was a loud but loved house. I got to talk with my brother Jeremiah for a little bit and wish him a Merry Christmas. After a lovely dinner where everyone stuffed themselves, my brother Gerald called from New Jersey where he is serving on a mission. He sent the craziest things for Christmas. He told us that the neighbors had moved out and left this stuff in the basement. Cd's and some old decorative pillows and I'm not sure if he found or bought these but he sent the whole 12 month collection of Winnie the Pooh figurines for my sister Winni. The kids hoped that Santa had come while we had been at Nana's but were okay that he hadn't when they remembered they hadn't left out milk and cookies. We all got new jammies and went to bed really well. Norma was up at 3 with a nightmare and after an hour of kicking me out of bed I made Nate take her back to her own bed. Nate had to work on Christmas but they had worked it out so that he just needed to be in uniform for most of the day and only had to be out on the road from 10 to 2. But he had to be up and ready at 7. He was ready and the kids still were asleep. This is our 8th year with kids and we have woken them up every year. I could have totally sleep in this year too. The kids were so happy that Santa had come that they weren't to upset about getting woke up by Daddy.

Tucker has done nothing but play his DS and with it being Christmas, I'm trying to let him do what he wants. With a few breaks inbetween, he has almost defeated the new game he got. Thadd has just bounced from one thing to the next. He is loving everything he got. The same goes for Norma. She got a kitchen set from Nana and Papa and loves making everyone food. It came with a phone that she loves to call on. She will bring you the "invisible" phone and call you to see if you are ready for the food she has made you and then call you back to see if you have finished.

Even with Nate working, it was a wonderful day! I hope everyone else's Christmas was just as wonderful as ours and we wish you a Happy New Year!

No comments: