Sunday, December 13, 2009

Visit with Santa

We went to our ward Christmas Party yesterday. I just have to let you know, it has been really hard being a single mom for the last few weeks. Nate has had his bad switch over at work were he worked nights all week long and then had one day off,(which wasn't a real day off because he spent the day doing reports) and has worked long days because of the storm this weekend. I have to say I am so proud of myself for even going to the party on my own with 3 little kids and we even made it to church today.

Sorry, just had to be said. So they were having breakfast for the ward. French toast, omelets, bagels, hot chocolate and milk. Kathryn was so wonderful to come and be with us. When they came and told us that Santa was here and ready for the kids to come line up, Kathryn went with the kids so that I could sit and visit. Norma came back with her 3 times to tell me that she had seen Santa and that they were getting closer to him in line. The last time Norma came back to get me because they were next in line. She dragged me past everyone else in line saying, " Hurry up Mom!"

Thadd was so excited to sit on Santa's lap and got in there, wouldn't sit on his lap, wouldn't talk to him and just stood there with his hands in his pockets. When we left he said to me, "But I didn't tell Santa what I wanted." Silly boy. :)Norma was cute. She wouldn't talk to him either but she did sit on his lap and I love this picture I got of him helping her smile for the picture!Tucker of course talked to him. But told me he forgot to thank him for the treat bag. I told them they can put all of that in their letters that they still need to write. All in all it turned out pretty well. Norma was the only one to have a melt down and that was because, one- I didn't cut her french toast right and two- they didn't have spoons for her hot chocolate.
I love Christmas time and I am so happy to be busy this time of year. I'm baking up a storm to go to the cabin and really looking forward to the holidays! The only thing about the holidays being over will be the baby is that much closer to being here.

1 comment:

FitzSimmons Times said...

You are brave to take all the kids by yourself to a ward activity. Good job! When are you guys going to the cabin?