Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Letter

(Because I didn't get a chance to make cards this year, this is what I'm sending family. Merry Christmas!)

Hello Family!

I hope this will find all of you happy and healthy. I feel terrible that I am sending this out later that I usually do. I didn’t get time to make cards this year but I still wanted to let you know how our 2009 year went.

Nathan has been with the Highway Patrol for a year now. It seems like this is what he has always done though. He has also been taking a math class at UVU and is signed up to take another one next semester. We only see him every other month with the way his schedule works but it has been worth it.

Bobby is enjoying being a stay-at-home mom. Right now she is PREGNANT! After a lot of praying and fasting, we decided to add another little one to our family. Kathryn Kristine (Kate) will be joining our family the first part of March. This also happens to be the same weekend that Tucker will be getting baptized.

Tucker is in second grade and is really enjoying math and of course reading. It is hard to find books that don’t take him a day to read. He played soccer this year and loved it! He was the best one on the team. (Which means he could kick the ball where he wanted it to go.) He has also been my human garbage disposal. I can’t keep this boy feed enough to have him not say to me, “What else can I eat?”

Thaddeus is in kindergarten and to say he loves it would be an understatement. Every day I get the same question, “Do I get to go to school tomorrow?” His teacher Mrs. Earl has been wonderful with him and it really helps that his best friend Ira is in his class. He has loved being able to read a few little books. Now he wants to read everything from the hymn book at church to the phone book at home.

Norma is the queen of the house. I can’t believe how much she has grown in the last year. Her hair is so long, she talks all the time and her favorite thing to do is color with Thadd. It has been such a pleasure to be just the two of us while the boys are at school. She was a little disappointed when she found out she was getting a sister. She didn’t want to share her shoes. But now she has warmed up to the idea and can’t wait for Kate to be here.

We want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May it bring you much love and joy and happier times.

Love Nathan, Bobby, Tucker, Thaddeus, Norma and soon-to-be Kate

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the update:) I am in the process of doing my Christmas cards and will be doing the same thing since I only have a few to send to family. Hopefully I can get around to it.

Emily said...

Received your letter today in the mail. It's nice to have an update esp. since we are living so far away in Turkey. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Emily