Saturday, April 10, 2010

Baptism Day

Tucker was baptized today. I can't really believe it. My baby is getting so old, and so in turn that makes me old. Ugh! Thadd is already counting down til he turns 8.

Our day started off on a sad note. As we were walking out the door, we got the call that Great Grandpa Powell had passed away. He will be missed, but all I can think is he is back with his Norma.

Tucker was so excited all day. I asked him this morning if he was happy about everything that was happening today. He said he was nervous but he had a grin from ear to ear all day long.Don't my boys look so good! I just love Tucker's smile! He really had a good day and we had so many friends and family join us today! Great Grandpa Parry even made it down. Thanks Grandpa! We had Justin and Lisa's family, Heather and Zac's family, Devin, Nana and Papa's family, Aunt Kathryn, Aunt Melissa and Shanelle, Amy and Cliff's family, Becky and Steve's family, Heidi, Rob and Katie's family and Brother and Sister Murrie (Tucker's primary teachers).
I hope I didn't forget anyone. And almost everyone joined us at our house afterwards for lunch.Lisa has been a wonder these last few weeks with taking pictures for me! I love them and she has done so well! (I'll be putting the ones she took of the baby last week up later.) Here is one she took of my 3 lovely's! They look so good all dressed up! I didn't think of bringing the baby out with them. She was getting a bottle from Heidi. Thanks Heidi!
I got it in my head that all the girl cousins needed matching dresses. I love this pattern and it is so easy to make that it really wasn't that big of a deal to make them all. It was so worth it seeing all these girls together! Don't they look cute! It really couldn't have happened without Nate's help with getting the house ready and taking care of Kate so that I could sew them all. He is so amazing and I am the luckiest woman in the world to have a man that will clean my house and take care of the baby, all so that I could have a little fun time and sew. (No really, I love to sew and it is relaxing for me.)
Jennifer, Anna, Norma, Addie, Aubrey and Madison


Just love this one. Lisa had them all give Tucker a high five. He was all for it which he hadn't been to start with.
He didn't want his picture taken with all these girls.


We had so many people at the house but it all worked out so well. The adults were out-numbered by all the kids, (this is only half of the kids, the other half were in the house) and they all loved being together. I think Norma has found a new friend in Addie. We will definitely have to get together more often with them.

It is so nice to see how much we are loved and looked after in this world. If it wasn't for such good family and friends it would be a very lonely world. The love that was showered on my boy and family today, I can not even express how much that meant to me. My heart is very full tonight with the love I have for all of you tonight. Today was the first step in my family being together forever. I love you Tucker so much and am so proud of the boy that you are growing up to be. I know that you will become an amazing young man and in turn an amazing man. You have blessed my life so much by just being in it. You have brought the Spirit of God into our home so much these last few weeks as you have been preparing for this day and reading the Book of Mormon. You are an amazing big brother. Your brother and sisters are so blessed to have you as an example and so am I.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like it was a great day:) I am so glad to hear it and I love those purple dresses!

Lisa said...

It was so great to be able to come to Tucker's baptism. My girls LOVE their dresses! Hooray for Tucker!

Stephanie said...

I can not believe how much Tucker looks like Nathan. Especially the picture of your three oldest. Wow.

Amy Conklin said...

Thanks for letting us be a part of such a special day! We loved being with you! Congratulations to Tucker!