Thursday, June 10, 2010

Smile Song

So Nate had been out of town this week. This has been the first time in 9 years of marriage that we have been apart this long. So I have tried to remember things the kids have done over the week so that he can know what's been happening.
Sunday, Norma learned this song in primary. She was so very cute about singing it to all of us. She would stand behind the couch, clear her thought, say "Okay, I'm ready" and walk out in front of us all to sing.


I just loved it! She knew all the words. I just had to coax her a little bit.

Thad said something to me on Sunday to that really made me think. We were singing the sacrament song and he leaned over to me and said, "I don't want to be like Jesus." Now I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself for not coming back with all the normal come backs to a statement like that with, "We Have to be like Jesus." "We need to be like Jesus." or any of the other things I might have said to him. Instead I asked him why he didn't want to be like Jesus. What he said has been with me all week. He told me he didn't want to hang on the stick like Jesus did. Was I shocked by this statement or what! I told him that only Jesus needed to do that for us so that we can be a forever family. He did that so we can see Grandma again one day and so that we can be with Jesus and Heavenly Father too. But this really has made me think. Jesus hung on the cross so that we wouldn't have too. But there are trials that we have to go through that seem un-bearable at the time and we ask why we are asked to deal with them, they are nothing compared to what he was made to go through for Us. Not only did he die on the cross, but he suffered in the Garden for us. He was a perfect person, he didn't need to go through all our pain and grief from sin, but he did that for Us. All he asks for in return are so little in comparison. Just that little statement by child has really made me think of so many things this week. I told Nate that we will have to have a FHE on the ways we need to be like Jesus, but the things he has made me think of this week will have a lasting impression on me.

My sister Winni has been with me this week too. She has been so wonderful to have here! I have been able to get so much done and she has been the biggest help with the baby! I have to say that I really worried when I first asked if she would come help me out but it has been so nice to have her here. I don't think I could have made it this long without her, I'm sure I would have locked myself in the closet long before now.

Now I'm just hoping to make it through 2 more days with out pulling my hair out and being so very grateful that my husband doesn't go out of town on a regular basis. Just one more thing I'm so glad that I don't have to have that as one of my trials in life. The Lord will never give you more than you can handle and He knows I would never be able to do this by myself.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing. What wonderful lesson's are children teach us. I am so glad that Winni was able to help you out.

Glade and Diane Powell said...

We love your blog! Thanks for keeping us updated. It's fun to see what the kids are doing. Loved Normal's singing and Thad's comment. Children are very wise.