Friday, August 6, 2010

GERALD COMES HOME!!!

My brother Gerald came home from his New Jersey, Morristown Mission on Wednesday! We have all been so excited for this day, but no one was as ready as Winni. She has been counting down to the minute of when his plane would come in. 1:09pm was when he was suppose to come in. His plane finally landed around 2:30!
These are just some really cute pictures of Kate. All the kids did so well with the wait, even Kate.

We were 1 of 3 families all waiting for this plane with missionaries on it. The first missionary wasn't even down the stairs before he started crying so of course we all started. I was watching the top of the stairs because everyone was walking around a corner before coming down. One missionary walked over and we all started saying, there's another missionary, when he walked back around the corner out of view. Winni thought that was very rude of him to do to his family, and a few seconds later he started down the stairs. It was Gerald. Silly boy!



The kids were so excited to show Gerald the posters that they had made for him. Norma and Gerald have always had such a special bond and you can see that it is still there.
I think Winni was upset that Thad got to wear the hat first. Isn't he so handsome!


I love this picture of my husband. He is so hot! ;)
Gerald meeting Kate for the first time. Still makes me cry. She was so tired and I think that is why she didn't cry. She takes some warming up to people before she'll let them hold her.


It has been like he never left. It was so very nice to just sit and have dinner with all of us. I can't wait for this weekend when we will all be home. John is coming down with his girlfriend Celest and we couldn't be happier. This will be the first time we will all be together since he left. And next week we get to go to Moon Lake. We haven't been since Gerald left. I guess we were waiting for him to come home to go.

Gerald bought this mask for Norma. I do have to admit I was hoping it was for me and so I put it on first. When Norma saw me she said, "Can I try that on? Will you share Mom?" So Cute!
Winni and Norma in their masks that Gerald brought home for them. When he pulled them out it reminded me of the masks that my Uncle Vaughn brought me and my cousin Harmonie home from his mission. I still have it. It is porcelain with lilacs on it.
And I couldn't not add these really cute ones of Kate from a few days ago. Glade and Diane asked for a few of her that they could show off so I got the camera out and went a little crazy. These are just a few of my favorites.

Next week: Moon Lake!!!

6 comments:

clcorndog@msn.com said...

Good Lord Woman, you made me cry too! Can't wait to see you all and mostly Gerald on Sunday.

Bonnie said...

So exciting! I love that feeling of having a new missionary home. He looks so happy as does everyone else. So glad he arrived safely and I love the yellow outfit on Kate it is so sweet.

Kathryn said...

Love the pictures along with the story. I'm so glad to be a part of your family!

Becky Gockley said...

I am so excited for you and your family. There is nothing like getting a missionary back home! Thanks for sharing this!

Becky said...

It was good to see you yesterday and your brother. Gerald reminds me of my little brother. They seem to have similar personalities.

Winnifred said...

As you can tell in the picture with us holding the posters i was done waiting. I was ready to have my brother home and was very VERY unhappy that he was not there yet. :) silly me.