Friday, August 13, 2010

Moon Lake 2010

Highlights from camping;

~Camping at Moon Lake!

~Going with Family

~Walking down to the beach and having the stroller just glide on the sand (I bought this stroller just because in one of the reviews it said that it was awesome in the sand and it made me think of Moon Lake)

~Having the dogs pull me back up to camp (I'm so out of shape)

~Cooking over an open fire

~Smores with strawberry marshmallows and Symphony chocolate bars

~Putting the kids to bed and staying up to watch the meter shower

~Being woke up by the rain and thunder. It was so cool to listen to the thunder echo through the canyons. AMAZING!!!!

~Fishing off the beach~Playing games in the trailer when it rained during the day
~Getting eaten alive by all the bugs (I have a huge one on my forehead that looks like another head!)

~Looking out over the lake. It is so beautiful here!~Walking through the camps to see where we want to camp next year

~Walking to the Lodge and watching all the hummingbirds (No Nate didn't kill on this year)

~Going to bed early with the girls ( The boys stayed up and watched the shooting stars. I guess they were better on Wednesday night than Tuesday)

~Packing up and looking forward to a shower

Some things to look forward to next year;

~Playing at the beach more ( I forgot that I had brought beach toys to play with. Ooops)

~Playing more card games

~Being in better shape to go on a hike

~Not sharing a cold between the whole family (Norma started it and now everyone but me has it, even Kate. So sad)

~Probably not being as prepared as we were this year.

~Taking a LOT more pictures (These are all I had)We Love Moon Lake!!!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds so great! I love Moon Lake even though I have only been once. Glad you had a good time.

Kathryn said...

I can see why you all love it!

Becky Gockley said...

How fun! You are a camping family-we are too! We love camping. Moon Lake looks so pretty! I have never been there. Great post.