Monday, September 6, 2010

Busy, busy weekend!

It has been a terrible two weeks in the Powell house. I won't go into it because you don't want to hear me whine, just know it has been terrible. So when Nate broke his tooth on Thursday it was just the cherry on top of the terrible sundae. So the start to our weekend started with a dentist appointment. One tooth later, we move on to Kate's 6 month check up.
Here are her stats: she is 25.5 inches long(25%), she weighs 14.13 pounds (25%) and her head is 44.75cm (95%). The doctor was a little worried about her head getting so big. It was only in the 45% last time. I just chuckled. He asked if big heads run in the family. I told him that her dad had a big head. He thought that was funny.

Out of all my kids, Kate has had the hardest time when she gets shots. She is just not a happy baby for up to 3 days after. It makes it hard because she is such a good baby. She is talking all the time, she is sitting on her own, she is saying "mama" and she is just growing so much more than I want her too.

After Kate's doctor, we went to my parents house for dinner for Thadd's birthday. They really spoiled him, which was good because all we got him was going camping. It was a yummy dinner and a nice night with my family. I wish it had ended better but that would go into whining so we'll go on.

Nate had to work Friday night but then had the weekend off so we got a camping spot up Hobble Creek for the weekend. Back when I saw this, I asked Thadd if he would like to go camping for his birthday. It was "yes" and all he could talk about since. We left around noon on Saturday and got up there by 2:30, we had a few stops to make on the way. I don't think we will go to this place again. The campsite was really small, the water had already been winterized and I'm pretty sure the bathrooms hadn't been cleaned in a while. We were right by the water so I worried about the kids falling in. There wasn't a lot to do. I was glad that I had brought a few things for them to do.
The boys doing puzzles.
Norma colored.
Kate played in the playpen. She loves sitting on her own now and it works really well for me because she can entertain herself a little better.

Sunday was Thadd's birthday and he got to pick what we did, ate and played all day. We made pancakes and bacon for breakfast, egg-salad sandwiches for lunch, and hamburgers for dinner. We played a lot of games together and had a wonderful day!
We enjoyed sitting around the fire before bed. In this next picture you can see how close the campsites were. The kids loved helping make the fire each night and hearing all the crickets.


I got all three kids in the picture sitting around the fire. The creek is just out of shot to the right.
Kate liked to pull herself up to see the fire. Isn't she is cutest!!!
Blowing raspberries! Her new favorite past-time.
After having such a terrible two weeks, we really needed to get away from it all. We couldn't have asked for a better way. We had so fun fun just being our family, being outside and relaxing for a few days before having to come back to the real world. It is nice to know that we can have such a great time after things get so bad. We have loved camping this summer and can't wait to go again next year!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sorry, you've had a hard time but the camping looks like so much fun:)

Kathryn said...

I'm so happy that you had a great time camping. You all deserve it! It's good to see the children happy. I love you!

Rusty and Jessica Terry said...

I don't know what I did but it let me on your blog today. I don't know what I was doing wrong. Anyway looks like camping was a good time and I can't belive how big your kids are.

Becky Gockley said...

So sorry things have been bad!!! I am glad you got to get away for a little bit to refresh. Happy Birthday to Thadd! Cute pictures