Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The birds and the flies?

So I'm making dinner tonight and Tucker points out two flies on the ceiling "engaged" in a certain act and says to me, "Mom, look at those two flies that are on top of each other upside down!" I'm trying not to be snapping with him so I ah-huh him. Then I get this. "Mom are they mating?" WHAT??? I had to stop what I was doing, hold my breath so I didn't bust up laughing and respond, "Well, maybe, I don't know honey. Will you set the table for me?" He's 8! I don't really need to be having the birds and the bees conversation with him yet? Apparently I do. Oh dear!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

The day has come!

Becky Gockley said...

Oh dear...I dread this day! I can't believe he knew the word Mate. I am in for it! Maybe they learn that at school right! Good luck!