Thursday, September 16, 2010

A day of Norma

I had to write about Tuesday and all the things that happened to Norma. I had walked over to my friend Lisel's house to visit with just the girls before I had to go get the boys. Lisel is one of my really good friends that I built with and in her un-finished basement is just toys for the kids to play in. Norma had gone down stairs to play with Ryann, 5 and Elle, 2. I was sitting on the floor with the two babies, Lisel has a 3 month old, when we heard this huge thunk!!! It sounded like something had fallen over. I was just saying that it couldn't have been anything because we hadn't heard any screaming yet when Norma started screaming. You know the kind. The blood curdling, "Mom get here as fast as you can!!!!" kind. I don't think I have ran down the stairs so fast without falling in my life! Here is Norma with a T.V. on her feet! One of those big, old, Heavy ones! I thought her feet would be broken! I ripped off her shoes and socks and made her wiggle her toes. Never have I been so thankful that I buy my kids a size to big in shoes. It had just got the ends of her shoes! That is when I realized that Elle was standing right by where the T.V. had landed. Now Elle is this tiny little thing. She is very, very, Very small for her age. If that T.V. had landed on her, it would have killed her! My heart still goes crazy when I think about it.
A few hours later, I was getting dinner ready and Norma was being cute walking around in my boots. The ones with the tiny heels on them. I don't know quite what she was doing but she was laying down and decided she didn't want to wear them anymore and kicked one off. I turned to watched it flip up in the air and land, heel first, in the middle of her forehead! I am sorry to say that I couldn't even come to her rescue because I was laughing so hard! She is screaming and trying to get the one boot off without it doing the same thing and I'm laughing so hard that I can't even stand up to come get her. She has the perfect imprint of a heel on her forehead still! I'm laughing as I write this too. :)

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a close call with TV! S-C-A-R-E-Y I'm sure Norma doesn't understand why you were laughing, but seeing it is totally a different thing for all of us! I'm smiling just hearing about it. I'm sure she'll forgive you.

Bonnie said...

I'm glad she is okay on both accounts and that last one would've been great to see.

Brian and Tonya said...

Awww poor girl. I'm so glad she's okay. And yeah, the shoe would have been pretty funny. :)

The Taylors said...

That is sooo sad! Poor girl! Hope she won't have nightmares about this day!

Kristine said...

What a day!

Becky Gockley said...

That is so scary! I have always feared something falling on my kids and it killing them! The whole shoe incident reminds me of Addie. She is soooo accident prone. What a tough day for Norma!