Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

 I am so happy to say that my brother Gerald was able to make it home for the holidays!!!  We haven't seen him since April when he left for basic training.  He just finished his POW training and got a flight home yesterday!  The kids have loved having him here.  And I have too.

He spent the day having to put up with my children but I don't think he minded too much. :0)


 Norma has not left Gerald's side for long ever since he got there.  She has always loved Gerald and they really have a special bond.  I'm so glad that he was able to be here for Christmas.
 The kids couldn't wait to open their Christmas Eve gifts.  Thad bugged me forever about when would he get to open his.  I finally told him a time and he did really good to not say another word til it was time.  But he sure watched the clock.

Katy had so much fun opening her present that before we knew it, she had opened up 2 other presents under the tree.  Oops.

Winni in her jammies from Mom and Dad.  She loves penguins.

 Gerald in his footsy pajamas. :0)  Go Eyeore!!!

 The boys are into the "bunny ears" when ever I get the camera out.


I wanted to get some pictures in front of the tree.  Walle got right in for pictures but it's not the same with out Eva and trying to get all the kids to look at the camera at the same time...

To late Eva.  Now you need to move.  You're in the way now.

 No, Eva.  You are still in the picture.

 Katy!  Sit down!  We just got the dogs out of the picture.

Eyes are closed on this one and a bad glare on those glasses.  One more time.

Well, this one will have to do. :0)

Finally we read our "Night Before Christmas", had our last Advent chocolate and sent the kids to bed.  Then I remembered that we hadn't set out Santa treats and had to call them back down to get out the Coke and the Mountain Dew cupcakes we had made.  Then we got them back to bed.  Nate and I sat up to watch the news and Thad would sneak down.  We wouldn't hear him til he was at the bottom of the stairs.  Poor kid couldn't sleep.  After the 5th time, I walked him back up stairs and he was just so sad.  He told me, "I just want tonight to be over so it can be tomorrow and I can go down stairs."  Nate and I ended up going to bed and setting the alarm to get up before the kids so that "Santa" could come.  What a long night. But so worth it.  I just love Christmas!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

How funny about the dogs, Your kids look like they are having the best time ever.

Kathryn said...

It was a great night for all of us! Thanks for letting us share it with your family.

Becky Gockley said...

Looks like a fun Christmas Eve! I am sure it's so great having your brother home!