Thursday, December 29, 2011

Some Great Gifts

 So I get a little emotional when I think of my brother Gerald.  I am so proud of the man he has become and the choices that he has made.  When I think of all he has been doing to prepare himself for the life he has chosen, it makes me cry.

When my Mom and Dad and Winni went to Texas for Gerald's graduation and the pinning of his wings, they bought the boys some outfits.  Tucker got a flight suit just like the one that Gerald wears with the same patches and everything.  Thad got a uniform and I have to say that I just loved seeing the two of them together in them.

Gerald said that when he goes back he is going to get name tags for the boys to have on their suits too.

I got some pretty cool t-shirts too.  One of them I was so sad when I saw that Winni had one and I didn't.  I'm his sister too.

This other one Gerald had a really neat story to go with it.  He has just finished his P.O.W. training and he told us about some of what he did and had to do and didn't get to do.

I had to share the story of him telling my mom about how he tried to catch a squirrel to eat.  I laugh when I think about it because I can totally see him trying to catch one.  They were given the one rabbit and put in the middle of no where.  He told us about some of the things they did and I'm not sure if I get to share that.  He has come so far from the boy he was 9 months ago to the man he is today.  I will be sad to see him go because we aren't sure when we will see him again.  But I know he is doing something that he loves and believes in.  I love you Gerald!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That is so cool they make those uniforms in kid sizes, how special.