Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Photo Shoot

We did a little photo shoot with Eva the other day.  We decided that it was going to be best for her if we could find a new home for her.  She is just such a big dog and needs to get rid of a lot more energy than we have room for.  We told ourselves that if it was meant to be, we would get a call on her.


Well, we got a call on her.  It was the hardest thing I think I have ever had to do.  The family was wonderful and even brought their dog to meet Eva and see if they would like one another.  We told them to take her on a week trial and if it didn't work to bring her back to us.

The kids and I cried all night long.  We really didn't want to get rid of her.  It was a very long night.

Nate called me the next morning and asked me how lonely I had been without the kids and Eva.  Then he told me that the family had called him already and said that Eva just wasn't going to work.  YEAH!!!!  I was so happy!  She would jump their fence, fight with their dog and chase their chickens.  The guy said that he had to work but would be bringing her back that night around 8.

Around 11 in the morning, my doorbell rang.  There was the wife with Eva.  They must really not like her.  I was so happy to have my foot warmer back and she just cuddled with me all day.  We will not be getting rid of her anymore.  It was just to hard.  She is still a puppy and that is why it is a little tougher but we will work through it.  She is a good dog and we love her.  We'll deal with the eating of books and the wall.  Even her deep bark at the worker in the back yard.  I don't care.  I'm just glad she is back.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I had no idea that you had gone through such trauma! I'm so sorry, but glad you've got her back.

Becky Gockley said...

Wow! I didn't know you were even considering giving her up. I am glad she is back and that all is well. She is such a cute dog!