Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pinewood Derby 2012

Wow!  I think that is the first time I've put 2012 on anything.  Just a little scary.  Anywho, we had our Pinewood Derby last night.  It has been kind of fun having Nate in Scouts with me.  He was put in charge last night and since I'm the only other leader with a scout shirt I was his second.

The boys did most of their cars buy themselves this year.  Nate helped a bit but these cars are all the boys.  Last week we had all my wolf scouts over and Nate helped some of them cut out their cars and he put lead in most of them too to get them to the right weight.

Some of these cars were pretty cool and you could see what ones the dads had helped with. :0)




Tucker's was "THE #2"

Thad's was "The Dragon"
The boys were good sports.  The very first race another car flew off the track and hit Thad's car off the track.  They re-raced that one.  Then when Tucker's went down for the first time, his wheel came off.  But it was a great night.  I'm glad that it is over and now I get to focus on the Blue and Gold. :0)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

sounds like a fun night, those are pretty cool cars.