Friday, July 27, 2012

B.Y.U

Nate had a day off.  I know, amazing huh?  We really wanted to do a day thing so we decided to hike the Y.

 I really want to be a hiker.  I want to be a lot of things but once I got to turn 2, I was done being a hiker.  I have an amazing husband that talked me into making it to the top of the trail and I'm so glad he did. :0)
 It was super cloudy and would sprinkle on us the whole way up the trail.  It was wonderful!  I knew that I could make it as long as it stayed cloudy and not to warm.  It was awesome to watch the storm over Utah Lake.  It was pouring and you could see how hard on the water.
 Nate also looked up some Geocaching that were at the Y.  He and the kids hiked to the top of the Y and found 1 of them.  Katy and I started down the hill.  I did end up carrying Katy most of the way but she liked her dad carrying her more.  He had the drink.
We had a blast and now that Nate knows that both Katy and I can make it, we have another hike planned with more geocaching along the way. ;0)

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Way to go! I'm so happy the family enjoys these type of activities!

Our Jarvis Jive said...

That looks fun! I've never hiked up there before. :) I always want to do all this stuff outside in the summer, then I walk outside and realize it's too hot. You guys are awesome.

Becky Gockley said...

Yeah! Way to go! That is a very steep hike! It's fun though! I am glad you all got to go hiking! Hiking is so much fun!