Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Trip to the Zoo

We were in need of family day so we headed up to the Zoo.

 No, this one is not one of my boys. ;0)  Hehehe.  This guy was chowing down on some lunch when we came by.
There were quite a few monkeys out.  We came across a few that the boys laughed at because they were pooping.  I looked at Nate and said, "That's not poop." (Blush)

Katy loved pointing out all the animals.  Here she is pointing out the elephants.
This has been so cool to go back and look at the pictures of the kids from the zoo last year in front of the monkeys.  Here is a link so you can see how much they have grown.

 Katy loved spreading her arms out!  So cute!!!
 Norma Sue.

 Thad
 Tucker
 Nate had to have one of him. :0)
 This had to be my favorite place at the zoo.  They opened the new Rocky Shores and it was amazing!  I loved that the otters were awake and going nuts!  It was so fun to watch them swim from one side of the tank to the other.

 Two very cute girls!
 The seals and sea lion were amazing!  I love that you can go below the water line and see them.
 This seal lion was huge!!!  I couldn't believe how big he was.  It looked like all of these animals had been rescued.
 Just as we were about to leave the bear den because they weren't out, they came.
 There were two!
 Me and my kids. :0)
 We loved that this tiger was awake.  He looked like he was ready to eat all the little kids that kept tapping on the window.  I think I would have ate them too.
 Katy would much rather have pushed the stroller on her own instead of sitting in it.
 Even if she couldn't see where she was going.
 I took this picture just for Winni.
 The kids got to pet this turtle.
 And what's the zoo without popping out of the gopher holes. :0)


It was such an enjoyable day with our family.  It was very much needed.  We love doing things together and spending time as a family.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm sure it was great fun. Nice to have the pictures to compare to last year and see the new features and animals too!

Bonnie said...

I love your Zoo trip pictures, what a fun thing to do, and I love the ones of your kids all together, they have grown!

Becky Gockley said...

Wow! They have some new stuff there! I have gone to the Zoo at least twice a year for a few years and haven't gone yet this year. Looks like we need to go! Looks fun!