Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tucker's 7th Birthday

Today is Tucker's birthday and I have to say he has been a little disappointed. The big thing we did for his birthday was the circus so we really didn't do much else. He opened his present from us yesterday with a friend and played all day with it. (A new Wii game.) This morning he woke up and I heard him tell Thadd that he was hoping for a surprise party today. What a let down!

My mom always makes the birthday cakes and she has to have help with this. When she asked Tucker what he wanted on his cake this year he told her that he wanted a smiley face on it with a tooth missing so that it would look just like him. So today when we got here for dinner she had him help decorate it and what a surprise it was when we saw HIS face on the cake!
As you can see, everyone loves cake in our family!

Norma was being so funny about how she ate her piece of cake. She had her little foot up on the back of the chair and would just lick the frosting off the cake. Silly girl!

This is one of Uncle Johns famous presents. Duck tape! Oh John!

This is the gift he got from Aunt Cindy and Angela. Thanks guys! This will keep him entertained for hours!

Aunt Kathryn gave him his our Book of Mormon! Now he'll have his own for Sunday.

And of course Papa had to get him a plane. Papa said to me later, "I knew he'd like it." I said, "Yes Nate will." All in all I think Tucker had a pretty great day. It was a hard one for me remembering 7 years ago and what it took to get this little angel into the world and getting him to stay here. It was very worth all work and worry he caused us all. I love you Tucker and I can't wait for all the years to come!

3 comments:

jonesb said...

I love the cake, that is so cute! I am glad he had a great b-day.

Peter and Katie said...

Happy Birthday Tucker!

strickland party of six said...

Happy birthday Tucker. I'am glad you had a good one maybe next yr your mom and dad will do a surprise b-day. "HINT" aw what a funny boy, well I cant imagine my babies turning 7 Karlie keeps skipping all the ones between 5 and 8 because she just wants to get baptized to bad. We keep telling her she'll get there soon enough to quite wishing it all away! Oh btw I found slim and 6 so ill send it up to you and your mom.