Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy 8th Birthday Tucker!

It is so hard to think that my baby is 8! We started out Sunday with a semi-birthday party at my parents house. Tucker's favorite dinner, (along with the traditional finger steaks for the Super Bowl) presents and cake. All the kids have been so excited for his birthday. I guess we have a long gap between birthdays in our family. He got some fun things from Nana and Papa, a clock, a Science book, ( he is really into science right now) a gumball machine, some bath soaps and a new DS game. Which he had to wait to open until the game was on, Dad and Papa didn't want to miss the commercials. Then we all got to have some yummy cake! Bugs Bunny. So good!
I've had a lot of fun decorating the kitchen for birthdays lately and Nate got in on the fun this time. I just love having them walk in there and see it all done up just for them. So Nate made sure he was up when Tucker got up to see his face and Tuck didn't even walk into the kitchen first, Thadd did. I think he remembered his birthday and knew what would be there. Thadd walked in there and came back out to ask me, "Has Tucker been in the kitchen yet?" "Nope. Does he need to go in there?" "Yeah!"His big present this year was a new bike. His old one was so tiny but he just loves riding! He can't wait til it warms up and he can ride to school again. We also wrapped up his scout uniform (Thanks Grandpa and Nana Powell!) so he would have something to open. Norma has been telling him that she got him a DS game, which she didn't know we had gotten for him, but was very disappointed when he opened it saying, "That's not the one I wanted to get him."It also happened to be the day that we had made an appointment to go get Tucker's eyes checked. I had gotten a letter from the school nurse saying that he had failed the eye exam at school and they recommended that we have him looked at. Thadd needed to go in and have his eyes re-checked too so we took them both in. Thadd's glasses are doing just what they hoped they would so no eye patch. (Thank goodness!) But Tucker needs glasses! I couldn't believe it! They said his vision is worse than Nate's and Nate's is really bad! He has never complained once about not being able to see and with this being the third year he has been tested at school to only catch it now? So as soon as taxes come back I'll have 2 boys in glasses. We are considering having Norma tested just because if both boys need them...

After the eye doctor we went to dinner and then to Trafalga! My kids love it there! It was so cool because we made it early enough to really have the golf course all to our selves, (lucky with it being Monday Family Night!) and they had the whole thing in black lights! I have not laughed to hard in a long time! I think the boys would have done better with hockey. And Norma was a hoot! She would hit the ball and then go pick it up, wait til everyone else and hit their balls in and then put her ball right next to the hole and hit it in. So Cute! Thadd couldn't hit the ball unless his tongue was hanging clear to his chin. (He does the same thing when he cuts paper. A Great Grandma Thomas trait.) Nate had to put my ball down for me and get it after I had hit it in the hole. I wondered why I even bothered.All in all I think he had a great birthday! It made me happy to hear him tell Thadd, "This was the best day of my life!"

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Sounds really fun! I am glad you all had a great celebration:)