Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July Weekend

With the 4th being on Sunday we got a full weekend of fun. It started with going to Idaho Falls for Madison's baptism. It was so great to be there for her on such a special day. I told Nate that we needed to take a lot of pictures while we were in Idaho, and of course, I didn't get the camera out at all. We were able to watch fireworks at the Fullers on Friday night and then on Saturday after the baptism we went to the parade. Norma was so excited about going to a parade, the boys... kept asking when it would be over. It was so wonderful to see everyone at the BBQ after that and I was so sad that we had to leave and couldn't stay for the scavenger hunt and fireworks.

Monday my parents had a BBQ and it wouldn't be the 4th without a water fight. I loved seeing most of my mom's family. I really enjoyed taking the pictures of the water fight, not so much when they got tired of getting each other wet and came after me. I had a very nice time talking with Tanya and Jason, my mom's friends, too.
Usually, I'm in charge of filling all the water balloons for the fight, since I didn't come over soon enough, not very many balloons. There is always over 300 balloons that get filled, they kept breaking so out came the pool. I think they enjoyed the pool (and buckets) more than the balloons.
Love the water shots!
Tucker thought I could save him from getting wetter.
Walle thought I needed to save him from all the water too.

Mom was soaked!
Kathryn was left out of the water fight and Thad was the only one that was willing to still get wet. At least it wasn't rootbeer. :)
Kate LOVED the fireworks! She even fell asleep while we were doing them.
Next thing to look forward to is my brother Gerald is coming home from his mission the first week of August. We have a lot of camping trips planned between now and when school starts. It is getting closer and I'm not sure I'm ready for them to go back.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a water fight! That is awesome

Kristine said...

Wow you had a busy 4th weekend with all the driving around! But looks like you had a great time :)

Becky Gockley said...

That looks like a blast. The 4th is always so fun! Glad you had a fun fourth!

Kathryn said...

Thanks for your loving tease! The root beer is always as good as the water fight. :)