Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I Hope that you had a wonderful, food filled day! I can't believe that I didn't take any pictures all day. I usually get one of the food at least but I didn't get that either. I even dressed the girls in their new Christmas dresses I made. (Yes, I made Norma another one.)
It was a wonderful week. Winni came and spent most of the week here and helped me cook and bake everything. Mostly sweets. :0) Which ended up being a good thing when I came down with a cold Wednesday night after dinner. I've never had a cold hit me so fast and so hard. I had been fine all day but after dinner, my head felt like it was in a fish bowl, my nose was running and my throat was killing me. Nate ended up making the rolls on Thursday morning. He does a better job of it anyways. My rolls never work out. I can bake anything but yeast breads just don't work for me.
It was a small Thanksgiving at my parents house this year. It was just our little family, my parents, Gerald, Winni and my uncles Lynn and Grant came. It was wonderful! My dad was so happy that his brothers were coming that it made it such a nice day. I haven't seen him that happy for having people over for a long time. Mom even got off work when she was suppose too and Cindy stopped by and got some turkey before heading home to bed.
*I had to add in this so that I can always remember. My Uncle Lynn had a hook for his left hand. At dinner, we hold hands when we say the pray. Norma happened to be on Lynn's left side. He had had his arm in his lap until this time. I was a little nervous about how Norma would react. Lynn put his arm on the edge of his wheelchair when Norma reached for his hand. She looked at it, grabbed it and closed her eyes for the prayer. Lynn said she kept lifting it up and down all through the prayer. Later, Gerald was holding Kate and came and sat next to Lynn. He held up his hook to pretend to get her nose. She turned and looked at me and gave me one of her,"Is this really for me to play with?" grins? It was great! She sat and played and tugged on it for about 10 minutes. I had to keep telling her to be soft. She thought she had a new toy. I love my Uncle Lynn and my boys have always been very shy around him because of his hook and wheelchair. He has no legs and I think that scares them too. When I was in Kindergarten, I took Lynn to school for show and tell! I think he is the best! So glad to have spent some time with him.*
I am so thankful for all the many blessings in my life. My wonderful husband, who is the perfect companion and friend. Tucker, who is such a helper and a good example for hie younger siblings. Thadd, who is always willing to help with Kate and always ready to laugh. Norma, who is my princess and such a girl. I don't know what I'd do without her. Kate, who made my life complete in her presence. My parents and siblings, my wonderful in-laws, our home and neighbors, the list can go on and on. I have thought of my many blessings today and I wouldn't have them at all if I did not believe in my Heavenly Fathers love and in his son, Jesus Christ. All that they have done so that I can have these blessings, for that, I am truly thankful for. With the holiday season officially upon us, I pray that the Spirit of God by with all of you and your family's and that we can remember the true meaning of the Season and have it be the main theme of our holidays.
Sending our love and blessings your way, Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Very nice thoughts Bobby and so fitting to help me focus on what's important. We are blessed!