Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Baby in the China Hutch

Ever since I was a little girl, younger than Norma, my Grandma Montag would give me porcelain dolls.  She was a huge collector and had some of the most beautiful dolls.  When she passes away I was able to get her China hutch.  Our whole married life, I have had my dolls in boxes.  We just haven't had anywhere to put them.  Even with this China hutch I still have 3 boxes with dolls in them down stairs.  I have a lot. 

The reason I'm telling you this...  Kate found the baby in the China hutch.  The back is one big mirror and the other day she was sitting there and turned and found a friend. 


This makes me think of Anne of Green Gables and I love it.  The pictures just don't tell the whole story.  She talked and played and showed her new friend her toys and would kiss the door.  It was the cutest thing! I almost wish I had gotten video because it was that cute to watch.  Kate has gotten a thing against camera's lately and so this was a good as I got before she noticed that I was taking pictures of her.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

How precious! I'm glad you were able to witness it and capture it for us with a pictures and your story.