Friday, May 13, 2011

John and Celest's Wedding

 HAPPY DAY!!!

What an understatement.  I am truly glad that this week is over but the reason behind it all is what it was for and so very worth it.
You may recall that I made all the niece dresses that went from 7 to 14 all because there was a little material left over and I wanted to make it into an outfit for Katy... They all were finished by Friday to go home with family after the temple.  I didn't get a single picture of all of them out on the grass like I wanted too. I planned on laying them all out and taking a picture of all of them but it rained all week and it was down to the last minute that I was still sewing them all.  John and Celest had their endowments taken out on Friday the 6th, (the original wedding day on my calender) and Nate and I were able to go thanks to Glade and Diane.  It was wonderful!  I hate to admit it but it has been since my brother Gerald got his endowments before his mission since Nate and I have done a session.  Over 3 years.  I told my Aunt Kelli and Uncle Terry that I better not make it a habit to only go when my siblings are going because Winni is only 16 and it's may be a LONG time before Jeremiah ever goes through. :0)  Nate and I are going to make it a priority to go at least once every other month, if not more from now on.  It really makes such a difference in our house and in us.

Yesterday May 12, the Wedding. They were married in the Bountiful Temple.  I wanted to put down some key things that I want to remember about this day.
-Getting to the temple right on time.  Being a Powell, if we aren't half an hour early, we're late.
-Watching my brother walk into the sealing room with his bride and seeing them both glowing
-Being a little sad when the sealer invited the grandparents of the couple to sit at the front and knowing that John didn't have any to be there.
-Knowing that when the sealer said, "in front of Angels and these witnesses" that my grandparents were there and smiling as much as we were.
-Thadd watching out the waiting room doors for us and smiling so big when we came in.
-Seth and his beard!!!  LOVE IT!!!
-The tulips at the temple being so tall and bright.
-Kate wanting to get into the fountain so bad.
-Thadd being very ready to put on the shorts that we brought for him to change into that he changed while we were driving with Kathryn right beside him.
-Having BeAuTiFuL weather.
-Lunch being a lot more yummy than I expected.  Never doubt my Daddy's cooking. 
-Stuffing myself on cream puffs, cream covered brownies and jello.  Mostly Katy on the jello. :0)
-Finding a park to let the kids play at while Kate slept in the car.  Norma is very friendly and thought all the other kids there were there to play with her.  We had no idea who they were.
-Coming back to an empty church.  Every one had gone home to take a nap.  We were just a little to far away from home for that.
-Having a little niece stick the knife to cut the cake, into the cake, lick it and then stick it back into the cake.  If anyone but my Mom had made the cake and had been so sad that it didn't turn out exactly how she wanted it, it might have been funny.  Since my Mom did make the cake and we were all so worried about it anyways...it wasn't funny.  (We will be laughing about this later.  I promise.)
-Being very grateful that we had an open house on Tuesday so that all of the Lehi people could come.  It was so great seeing so many friends and family there.
-Having the kids be so extremely good!!!  I mean EXTREMELY GOOD!!!
-Watching John sing to Celest as they danced to "their" song.  Make you want to cry or be sick.  I cried.
-Seeing the car all plastic wrapped, toilet papered, oreoed, full of balloons with a few "special" ones and having writing all over it with "JUST DID IT" on the back instead of "JUST MARRIED".  (Again, some thought it was so not right, me...I thought it was hilarious.)
-Driving away before the bride and groom did because it was after 9pm and we had a 2 hour drive ahead of us and a car full of very tired people.
-Getting to Kathryn's car to drop her off only to realize that Mom had her keys back in Perry.
-Walking in the door and having the kids all go right to bed.

Here are some of the few pictures I took. We had a really good friend come and take a lot of pictures and she is going to get them to us when she is done editing them.  This is where the kids played for most of the night.  Kate loved just being able to go about the freely and playing with any toy that didn't get taken away from her the minute she touched it.


It was a wonderful day and I am so very happy for my brother and his new bride.  I love Celest so much and I am so happy to be able to call her sister.  Congratulations you too!  I hope that you enjoy Disney land this next week!  Mwa!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Sounds wonderful and delightful! I can't wait to see more pictures:)