Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Thad Post

I promised a post all about the day that Thad was born and I have had a lot of fun looking through all the old pictures I found.  I found a ton and kind of got distracted with all of them but that is not what I was looking for.  I did find all the ones I wanted though.

I was due with Thad on September 11.  I did Not want to be having a baby on that day and because of all the problems with Tucker, my doctor agreed to induce me early.  When he tried to schedule the hospital for me, they told him that they were full and wouldn't be able to get me in til the next week.  He was having none of that.  He told me to come in the next morning to his office and he would break my water, then the hospital would have to take me.

Next morning, bright and early I went and had my water broken and headed to the hospital.  It was just going to be Nate and I all day because I wanted to have my Mom with Tucker.  He was only 18 months old and I was really worried about him.

It was a very long day.  Around 11pm that night my doctor came back in and tried to move Thad around to get him to drop lower.  He just wasn't moving.  My doctor sat in my room with me for an hour watching the monitors and seeing what he could do to get this baby coming.  No hope. 

It was just after midnight when he came in and told me that they were going to do an emergency c-section.  Which happen to be a little ironic because I had gone in just a few weeks before to have Thad flipped.  He was breech at the time and if he didn't flip they were going to schedule me a c-section.

When they finally made the choice to do the c-section, I had a very calm feeling through my whole body, knowing this is what needed to happen to get my baby here safe and sound.  Nate called his parents and they immediately came to the hospital.  Kris was so very sick but really wanted to be there for me.  It was so wonderful knowing that they were there for us.

They took us right back and at 1:25 am, Thaddeus Blaine Powell was born.  They brought him to me and I was able to touch him, something I wasn't able to do with Tucker when he was born.  I felt so very selfish asking Nate to stay with me then.  I wasn't doing well and I knew that Kris and Glade were there for Thad. 

Here is one of the first pictures of him that Kris and Glade got.  The nurses came out and Kris went right up to them and said, "Is that the Powell baby?"  They wouldn't give her an answer and she said, "I'm that baby's Grandma and I want to see him."
They followed Thad and watched him get his first bath and everything.  Look how bruise my baby is.  They had to use forceps to get him out and I remember them pushing on my ribs trying to get him out.

I remember going into such shock after I had him that it was a few hours before I could even hold him.  But it was so wonderful being able to hold him and have him be healthy.

Here are the pictures I was looking for.  Kris didn't want these taken but I'm so glad that they were.




Our first family of 4 picture.  Look how young both my husband and Tucker are.
Tucker was enthralled with Thad.  He wanted to hold him all the time.


My babies.
I love this picture.  My Mom had asked about Thad's toes and I hadn't even looked at them yet.  I love that my Mom is leaning over looking at him and that it has all three of us in the picture.
Another one of my babies.


Love this picture.  Tucker is so excited to be holding his baby brother again.
I know that Thad was suppose to come to our family when he did and I pray every day that I can help him grow into what the Lord has in store for him.  I love you Thad-Man and I always will.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

These pictures are so precious. I'm sure you're grateful to have those of Kris and Thad. I don't remember what Thad looked like as a newborn. Thanks for sharing them and your story of his birth! I love him too!

Anonymous said...

Nate and Tucker do look young, but you still look the same, my sweet daughter. Love you all.