Friday, September 2, 2011

Katy's 18 Month Check Up

I wanted to post this info so that I would remember.  I haven't been keeping up on all the new things Kate does because she does so much now.

Here are her stats;
Length: 32.25 in 75%
Weight: 20 lbs 12 oz 10%
Head 48.9 cm 97%

So she still has a big head but we all knew that would be the case.  The doctor was very concerned about her weight.  I'll be trying a few new things but she really doesn't eat that much.  She would rather feed it to the dog.

A few things I talked to him about today was her constipation.  Poor thing will push and push all day long and not get anything out.  Hopefully what he told me to try will work.

He wasn't concerned about the tick bite at all.  But I will still be keeping the tick just in case something comes up later.

Her little private part is still very closed.  More than Norma's ever was.  I'm to use the cream again for a few weeks and then if it still isn't opened in a year or so we'll talk then.  Even with my concerns with the medicine I'm to put on her he still thinks this is the best course.

Other than that she is right where she needs to be.
She is running

walking

jumping even a little bit

She loves to pretend to talk on the phone but hates talking on it when someone is really there.

She loves having the freedom of going up and down the stairs on her own.

She has discovered water, (Walle's, the toilet, her cups that she can get it out of).

She knows "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and can point to all the parts.  She even sings the tune perfectly.  I think I have another singer in the family.  (Again, who wouldn't have thought that.) :0)

She knows all her siblings and can say all of their names, even "Alle".  I think that one is her favorite.

She also knows; thank you "tank too", more "mo", drink "oink", this "dis", and she is learning more every day.  We really feel that she is communicating so much more and we are trying to help her learn more words.

She loves that she can get a hang full of pretzels by herself and thinks she is so sneaky about it.

She goes back and forth between going to bed really well and having to lay with me in my bed before she'll let me lay her down.

She LOVES baby dolls.  She will walk around bringing me all the dolls in the house, (and we have quite a few) and she will sit on my lap with a baby in hers and feed it a drink or her bottle or just rock them in her arms.

She hair is so long!  Norma's wasn't this long til she was 3 or 4 years old!  It is almost half way down her back.  She loves having it done too.  Only if I have done Norma's first.  If I do Kate's first, she'll cry and say, "Owe!" But if I do Norma's first, she is trying to pull Norma out of the way so she can sit in front of me and be next.  I have had so much fun playing with her hair. :0)

She LOVES shoes!  If she is not wearing shoes, she wants to be.  She'll wear any shoes she can get her little feet in as you have seen in the post not to long ago.

She loves when, "Daddy" comes home.  She yells it and runs right up to him and hugs him.  Even if he has just walked outside to take Walle out, she'll act like he's been gone all day.

"Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom" is what I hear most of the day.  I have to say I love it. :0)

"Alle" is her best friend I think.  She will chase that poor dog all around the house and hold him and kiss him and chase him again.  He is her favorite toy.  And he is such a good dog about it too.  I have to tell you this story, she had been feeding him some pretzels and the next thing I hear is the poor dog yipping ever so softly.  I turn and she has a hold of his bottom teeth and just looking at his tongue.  It was so funny but that dog just let me know that she had a hold of him.  I told her to let him go and I get, "Alle!"  She let him go and he just walked around her and waited for another pretzel.  He is such a good dog with her!

Her eyes are slowing going brown.  I had such high hope of them staying blue or even going hazel but they are going a light brown.  Not as chocolate in color as mine or Tuckers but a very nice brown.  They still kind of change color with what she is wearing.  More brown when she wears pink.  Blue when she wears blue or brown and sort of green when she wears yellow.

I could go on all day about all the cute things this little angel does but I think I've gone on enough.  You get the idea. :0)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

How fun to have her saying more words!