Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day

What a day!  So many things happened on this day.  Here is some of it in pictures.

My sister Winni let me borrow her camera til I can get a new one and it took me a minute to change the setting for better pictures.  Thad and Tucker are helping trim the grass around Grandma's headstone.  Thad loved having the big job with the grass trimmers.

As we were all standing there, this lady totally ran over a HUGE rock that was on the corner of the lot.  All the guys ran over and told her to quit driving because it was under her truck and she was going to damage her truck trying to drive off of it.  Nate got the chains out of the back of our car and Devin pulled it out with his truck.  To get it the last little but they actually had to lift the truck.  It was insane!

Grandpa gave each of the grandkids a red rose to put on Grandma's grave.  They were her favorite.


Missing some grandkids here.  Justin's family was very missed.
Again, only missing Justin.
I love our new tradition of a BBQ and games at the Elementary school by Glade and Diane's house!  It has to be my new favorite thing to do on Memorial Day.  Katy loved being at the play ground.  She thinks she is a big kid now that she can do the slide all on her own. :0)

I was so thankful to everyone for including Thad and Tucker so much.  Nate had to work.  Of course.  He said that he will work every Memorial Day.  It is harder to get off then Christmas.

Thad and Tucker each got a turn pitching for kick ball and loved every minute of it!



After the kick ball game, they broke out baseball.  The boys were sad that I didn't bring their mitts but Nana had extra.  About half way through the game, Glade was going for a ball and fell.  He stood up and said, "I'm going to the hospital."  He had broke his wrist, having to have surgery where they put a "t" plate, 9 pins and 4 screws in his wrist.  Diane said that he is grounded from baseball Forever!

2 comments:

Becky Gockley said...

What a day that was! It was really fun to be together! I just wish it would have ended better!

Kathryn said...

I'm glad that most of the day was part of your favorite Memorial Day activities. I'm so sorry to hear about Glade's accident.