Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Race for the Cure

You will never believe it.  Not in a million years.  Yep.  I forgot my camera!!!  It is amazing that I seem to forget that thing on the most important picture taking days.

It was an early morning.  We got up at 5am to get ready and out the door to ride Trax.  The kids just love riding Trax and we like the hassle free traveling. ;0)  Katy had gone to bed not feeling well the night before so we gave her medicine and she slept most of the morning. 

I have to say that I was a little disappointed with the Race this year.  They didn't have nearly as many things as they did last year for the kids to do.  It didn't seem as put together and on top of things but it was still worth going. 

The kids loved it!  They really wanted to run it but we walked the 1 mile with Grandpa, Nana and Heidi.  It wasn't really a mile. I've made it a goal to be able to run the 5k with the kids next year.  I have a whole year to get so that I can run. :0)

I had made tutu's for the girls to wear.  Katy would never try it on for me before hand.  She was so tired that she couldn't tell me no when I put it on her.  Norma got her hair colored pink and the Kids Corner and I am so mad about not having a camera.

I can not wait to do it again.  This is a great time for the kids to remember their Grandma and to know about all that can happen in our family with this cancer.  My girls will live with the fear of breast cancer their whole lives and if coming and running/walking this race can help, we will do it every year!

I begged Amy and Becky to take pictures for me so when they email me what they have, I'll post them.

1 comment:

Becky Gockley said...

This was a fun day! I agree the race wasn't as good as it has been in the past. I am glad we all got to go!