Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Norma's three year check up

Norma had her three year check up today. It was hard getting her into this one. I had an appointment for her two weeks ago but it was the day we had a really bad snow storm and I just got into Saratoga Springs after driving for twenty minute and turned around.

She has been so excited for her "appointment" as she had called it all day. So cute! She was so grown up at the doctor's office. Walked in by herself because she is "to big for me to carry now." They got us right in which was awesome! The nurse asked Norma a question but she didn't realize she was talking to her. She loved showing the nurse how tall she was with her hands high over her head. Then when she had to stand up against the wall she stood on tippy toes. She is 36 1/2 inches tall and 30.8 lbs which is in the 25th % for her age.

When she was just a little baby, the doctor told me that her little private part was almost all the way closed. We had to put a cream on it to try and open it up a little. I asked the doctor about that today just to make sure things were okay. Poor thing, it is now all the way closed and we are going to have to take her to an Urologist. It will make it so she gets UTI's very easy. Hopefully we can get her in sooner than later.

The best part about the whole thing was when she got her shot. The nurse came in and showed her the Tweety Bird band aid. She just had to pull up her pant leg and I held her on my lap. I had a good grip on her hands but it was all for nothing. Norma watched the nurse give her the shot and only said, "Owe." No crying, no screaming, no nothing! I have to say I am so shocked! My boys I have to hold them down kicking and screaming just for their shots.

My baby is growing up and it makes me so sad. I wish I could keep her just as she is now because she is so loving and a sweet special spirit. I'm so grateful that she is mine and I love her so much.

1 comment:

Brian and Tonya said...

What a tough little girl. It's gotta be so hard seeing your baby grow up.