Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's Love

The kids have been so good with the baby. Maybe not each other, or Mom and Dad for that fact, but the baby they are wonderful with. Thadd is just in love with her. He is always coming up and saying, "Hi Baby Kate!" He is always asking to hold her too! He will hold her forever! He held her while I finished getting dressed the other day and just has been lovely with her.
Norma really could care less. It's a tie between her and the dog who will bug you for the most attention. She is not use to sharing the spot light. She loves her though and is glad she is here. Now she can sit on Mom's lap and not have to worry about sitting around the baby.Tucker is about the same as Norma. He is okay about her and wants to hold her sometimes but other than that not much has changed with him.I asked Norma to help me feed Kate today. We have gone to the bottle. Long and painful story but the bottle it will be so I thought it would be a good time to have one of them help. Thadd was really sad I didn't ask him but I already reassured him that he can feed her one tomorrow. I'm glad Nate thought of getting the camera.
Our good friends Jered and Stephanie came over with their kids today to see the baby and brought me this bouquet. I love it! She said she didn't like to give flowers because you just throw them away and she knows how I love chocolate. I think this is the cutest idea and I might just be doing this for my friends from now on.

Kate is such a good sleeper. I have been worried that she is sleeping so much. People think I'm crazy that I'm worried about that and I just need to enjoy it but it seems that I'm going to worry about everything with the baby both inside my tummy and out. She is very wide eyed when she is awake too. She just looks around and responds to her Daddy's scruffy kisses more than anything. Calms her right down. No, really it does.

I am so glad she is here and I can't seem to put her down. I love to hold her as much as Thadd and Nate. She is such a good cuddler right now. Just nestles her little head right up into my neck. I love it! I hope it will last long.

5 comments:

Rusty and Jessica Terry said...

I love the bouquet, great idea

Bonnie said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this with me. I love the bouquet as well, that is such a thoughtful gift. Kate looks so so sweet and your kids helping with her is so great!

Heidi Coole said...

She is so precious! I'm glad things are going well.

Peter and Katie said...

So adorable!

Lisa said...

She is beautiful! I love those pics of her with the kids!