Friday, March 19, 2010

Norma Sue is F-O-U-R

Norma turned 4 yesterday. She has been looking forward to this day for a while. Every since Tucker's birthday. She has been very cute about it all week long knowing that her birthday was the day after St. Patrick's Day. Although on Sunday she told Nate that the lady that had called her on her "phone" said her birthday was today. She is too smart sometimes.

We sent all the kids to bed the night before and not 5 minutes later Norma called down the stairs, "Is the kitchen decorated yet?" I love that we have started this for birthdays. The kids know just what is coming but they love seeing it all done up just for them.
She could not wait to get to her presents. She was really good about showering before opening presents but not about wearing her new outfit that we got with the birthday money from Grandpa and Nana Powell. (I'll get it on her and send you a picture.)

This is really her only present. We got her a DSI. She is just as into electronics as Tucker is and she was very excited! She said to me later, "Now I don't have to steal the boys DS any more!" Now the challenge is finding games she can play without getting to frustrated.
I love this 4-year-old! She is so sweet and funny and charming and lovable. I love her so much and can't wait to see her grow up! I'm a little nervous for the teen years but I think she will be worth keeping around.

Love you Norma Sue and Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

She is so so cute:) I love that you decorate your kitchen! That is such a fun tradition for birthdays.

Happy Birthday Norma;)

Lisa said...

What a great party! Happy Birthday

Christen said...

Happy 4th Birthday, Norma!!