Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Good Quote from Conference

My friend Bonnie, sent this email to me and I really wanted to share it.  More so that I can remember it later on.

Here is a quote I liked from Elder Hales' talk "Waiting Upon The Lord, Thy Will Be Done" at the last general conference.  It's a good one to read.  

"On this Sabbath morning, I express gratitude that “in my Gethsemane”and yours, we are not alone. He that watches over us “shall neither slumber nor sleep.” His angels here and beyond the veil are “round about [us], to bear [us] up.” I bear my special witness that our Savior’s promise is true, for He says, “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” May we wait upon Him by pressing forward in faith, that we may say in our prayers, “Thy will be done,” and return to Him with honor. In the holy name of our Savior and Redeemer, even Jesus Christ, amen. "

 
Thanks Bonnie for sharing. :0)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for posting:)

Kathryn said...

I referred to Elder Hales' talk for my talk last week. Waiting upon the Lord was a topic I searched in the scriptures before, but Elder Hales' had many more references. This faith and trust in our Heavenly Father's plan for us and his timing definitely had blessed me - though I don't always remember to do it.