Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween, are you sure?

So I am a bad blogger.  NO PICTURES!  I can't believe I didn't get one.  I guess I really took a lot, (of Katy) last week but not a single one of Tucker.

It was a crazy busy day.  For some dumb reason, (my head not being screwed on right?) I signed up to help with all 3 kids Halloween parties.  Don't know how I was going to pull that one off where Tucker is in a totally different school, 5 miles away.  So I helped with 2.

Thad's and Norma's party's were at different times so I was able to go help with Thad's and then go help with Norma's and then take them home.  It worked out so well.  Nate got off early, well, he was suppose to get off early because, (another dumb moment on my part) it is my week to pick up Tucker from school with the carpool and it was right when Norma's party was starting.  How I thought this through, I don't know.

Katy came with me to Thad's class and helped my hold doughnuts for the kids to eat off strings.  They all thought that was cool.  Near the end she was getting so tired she probably would have fallen asleep in my arms if it hadn't been so loud.  Nate showed up about that time and took her with him to go get carpool.  She is having some major Mommy issues right now and screamed the whole way there because he had taken her from me. 

Next was Norma's party and I was in charge of a game.  I did the balloon relay where two kids hold a balloon between their tummy's and get from point A to point B.  They loved it!  I was really surprised with how small the class was.  There were just 20 kids. 

I got home, made dinner and had just sat down to hold Katy for a bit when Glade and Diane showed up to see the kids.  What a great surprise!  The kids were so excited to see them and tell them all about their week.  We missed going over there for dinner this month so it was really good to see and talk to them.  Katy went right to Glade and climbed up on his lap.  It was very shocking to us all.  Diane was feeling left out so talked Kate into coming to her with candy.  Katy accepted.

Dinner was later than I wanted so by the time we were done the kids were ready to go trick-or-treating.  One of Tucker's friends came to the door and asked if the boys could go with him and his family.  Yes, yes they could. 

Norma was not happy about having to wait for her dad to take her.  He really didn't want to so he was taking his time getting ready.  Maggie, Norma's little neighbor friend come to our house and her mom Dani, (I love Dani!) said that she would take Norma with them.  Now I only had Kate and the two dogs at home.  I had to lock up Eva because she would run out the door any time I opened it.  Katy did too but I could very well lock her up. :0)

What a great night.  The kids had a blast trick-or-treating and I didn't have to take them, I handed out almost all our candy and I didn't have to wash make-up off any of my kids this year.  Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

How fun for Glade to have Katy come up and climb on his lap! I'm sure you're family had a great Halloween night even without pictures.

Becky Gockley said...

Sounds like a fun Halloween! That day is always so crazy for me too! I love the games you played in the classroom. Sounds like a blast. I will have to use those ideas!